7 Ways to Break from Covid
We are in unique times right now with this thing called Social Distancing. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun or get a break from the stress of figuring out what tomorrow is going to be like…
Social distancing is about being respectful to others and protecting ourselves. It doesn’t mean having to be stressed 24/7. Here are 7 things you can do in order to enjoy today and tomorrow.
The 7 Things to allow a break from Social-Distancing
- If you’re at home with your partner, significant other or your entire family, make a coffee or smoothie date. Select Starbucks and Pinkberry stores are open for pickup along with many other Local Businesses. Order your favorite treat and set a time to meet your Significant Other or others in the yard to just enjoy a sip and listen to the great outdoors or watch a sunset. Oh, and leave the electronics inside.
- Extra Bonus – Toss a blanket on the lawn under a tree or put some flowers on the patio table. Your partner will reward you with a great smile.
- Turn off the news and social media for an hour or 4. Replace the noise of repeated headlines with the tones of your favorite music. Take it a step further and use Pandora, Apple, Amazon or Spotify to pick out your favorite genres and make sure that your beloved tunes are not interrupted with those annoying headlines.
- What? No electronics!! OMG that brings us to #3 Need something to do while in your yard. Try any of these:
- Notice the lack of traffic driving by – How long can you hear nothing 1, 2, 3, 4… Longest count wins the round.
- Listen to the birds
- Remember that blanket from above? Just look into the trees overhead and watch the leaves blowing or try to spot one of the chirping birds… BTW If he is directly overhead you might want to move a bit…
- 3 Silly wishes… It’s a get to know you game and silly discussions are guaranteed to be had. You start by asking about 3 Silly wishes you would like to have come true… Works best if you don’t tie them to current events.